Saturday, August 21, 2010

INDIA ARIE, MY SISTER.

Hello all.....
I hope you took some time out to get some musical therapy during the week. As Tamera Manzanares states in  her article here " Aging well, A musical spell" and I quote:

"Music’s ability to reach us on a deep, emotional level has long fascinated scientists and spurred special therapies that use music to help people experiencing or recovering from challenges including autism, Alzheimer’s disease, grief, chronic pain, stroke and depression"

I hope my blog's variety of musical servings and my persuasive thoughts on them have in some way added value into your life. On that note, it is with great pleasure that I present a darling music artiste, who I call my sister. Friends and family always point out the similarities between us, in our sound, style and charisma. It's a compliment for me. I love her music so much. Her name is India Arie.
Her bio on her site starts off like this "India Arie is known and cherished by fans and fellow musicians as a poet, a songwriter, a daughter, a producer, a musician, a sister, a singer, an advocate, a friend and a philanthropist –– but she is possibly best known for the love in her music that has inspired and motivated people worldwide" There is no better way to describe her.
35 year old neosoul singer India Arie started out here in Atlanta, singing in jazz cafes, in fact the story goes that she applied and started a program at SCAD-Savannah College of Art and Design where she picked up the guitar and found her creativity thereon.
She came to the limelight in 2001 with the release of 'Video' the single and later the album 'Acoustic Soul' which debuted at at number ten on the U.S. Billboard 2000.
Albums that followed include Voyage to India (2002), Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship (2006), Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics (2009)..All of which are in my collection. Not a surprise!
She has collaborated with a lot of major artistes and added to her credits, a long list of Grammy nominations and 3 wins: Best R&B Album 2003 for 'Good Man', best urban/alternative performance for 'Little Things' and same for 'Pearls' featuring Dobet Ghanore in 2010.
Back to our talk on therapy, I serve you India Arie's song titled same, sung in collaboration with the reggae singer from the Morgan family legend; Gramps Morgan.



Cause I need your therapy / You've given me everything / So much I ever could need ... I need your therapy / Oh oh oh oh oh oh (I-I-I-I need your therapy) ...
Soulful voice, earthy vibes and a magical guitar.So tell me why would a song on therapy from someone like India score less that a 5*! No way, especially that it's coming from my one and only soul sister!

If Music be the food of love, you know what to do!
~Tosinger~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment